Thursday, July 8, 2010

Actual Time of Departure: before 11:00!

So I grab multiples of clothing types and throw them in the suitcases -- there's no time to pare down so I'm sure we're overpacked but since we're driving instead of flying I don't have to worry about excess baggage fees, at least not until we fly to Portland. There's a bag for each of us, and one with accoutrements for the beach, the portable DVD player, the diaper bag, both our laptops, all the audiobooks we'll be listening to, books and training materials for me, candy and snacks, the cooler, and finally, G's acoustic guitar.

Yes! We actually get everything and everyone in the car by 10:53 -- way before our scheduled departure of 11:30 (when we say we're leaving at 11:00, it usually takes 30 minutes to get the boys ready and out the door, hopefully without forgetting anything important). You have no idea how long it takes Storm to get his shoes on -- especially if the TV's on -- it doesn't matter if it's an ad for hemorrhoids -- he is hypnotized!

I already filled up the tank last night on my way home ($2.51/gal at Costco) and we went over everything last night with Jerrod, who will be semi-housesitting for us. Doors are locked, windows are closed, house in semi-disarray but we'll have to deal with that when we get back. We spent the last week organizing and cleaning because we wanted to come back to a feng-shui'ed house. Oh well. Shoot! I forgot that G's dad will be driving back with him --they'll just have to overlook the boxes in the hallways and all my papers on the dining room table and my desk. Darn it! See! If I weren't blogging this I would have forgotten all about that! Oh well, nothing I can do about it now.

And off we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment