Thursday, July 8, 2010

Estimated Time of Departure: 11:00 am

it's 4:00 am and I just created this blog. Haven't done much packing. Spent much of the night fiddling with my blackberry -- synchronizing the calendars etc. so my itinerary is available at the touch of a button. Spent more time updating the GPS and inputting our itinerary only for it to completely erase all my hard work because it ran out of juice... Gmoney just woke up and berated me for still being up at this hour -- how I need my rest because we have a long way to drive tomorrow.

We're shooting for getting out the door by 11:30 and driving from here to Carlsbad, NM. Our plan is to do a state a day. We should get to San Diego by Sunday. The schedule is tight -- with just enough time to get from place to place, spend a little bit of time sightseeing, and then back in the minivan and heading off to the next destination.

The kids went to bed late (after 10) so hopefully they'll sleep in some this morning and we can get most of the packing done.

Well, I better get some shut eye or I won't be worth much later -- never was a morning person!

Follow along -- let's see how we fare.

No comments:

Post a Comment