Did I mention that after Gmoney came out of our bedroom, there was a loud thud, and then the baby cried? Yes, he rolled right off the bed because there was no one there to block him. I know, I know, at 2 years old, he's not a baby anymore but that's what we call him. I know two sisters who still call their younger brother "Bé" (Vietnamese for baby) and he's in his thirties! Hopefully we'll get out of this habit by the time Ocean's three (for privacy purposes I'm using their translated names).
ok, so after I posted my first blog and shared it w/ some friends and family, I headed off to bed. I usually like to leave the window open because I can't stand stale air but summer nights in Austin are just too hot so I leave the door ajar instead. G's up now and won't be going back to bed -- then again, he went to sleep w/ the baby so he's well rested -- and the lights are on, which means it's a little too bright and I really need to sleep. So I close the door and head back to the bed, only to walk straight into our brass four poster bed in the dark and now have a nice goose egg over my left eye. It could have been worse. I sleep w/ my head elevated in the hopes the swelling won't be too bad.
When Ocean wakes up at 7:00, I give him a bottle and he goes back to sleep. I decide to get up because there's a lot of packing left to do. We run around finding things, gathering things and manage to get quite a lot done before he finally wakes up at 8:30 -- mainly because Storm is up and jumped in the bed with him. It's just such joy to hear them playing and laughing together.
No comments:
Post a Comment